Novel Day -163 (1,860 words)

The past two days' work has been pretty stable, cranking out more or less the average word count of 300 each (310+280). N-Day minus 164 saw a minor character's portrait forming. Whereas today's work was more of a Frankenstein's stitch, sewing together character journey and parenthesized notes to self into one clumsy, runic chunk of writing.

Evoked a poem I wrote to help define the story's theme. The finer details of the story have yet to emerge, which worries me. I can't keep writing and rewriting the structure forever. Some sort of deadline for outlining has to be put in place (and soon) to jolt the creative process. Qualitatively I know the story I want to write. Unfortunately the MCs are little more than two-dimensional portraits that are not mature enough to elicit a finer plot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Novel Day -158 (5,090 words)

Novel Day -156 (6,000 words)

Novel Day -153 (7,120 words)